Friday, January 24, 2020


LimeAvocado-Key Lime Salsa 

2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
(I usually put lemon juice on the avocados so they don’t
    darken)
3 key limes, peeled, seeded, and chopped  
1 key lime for squeezing
1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 red bell pepper, diced
2-3  Tablespoons  fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tablespoons  olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.
Squeeze key lime over salsa.
Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
It does not stay fresh for any length of time. Serves 4-6    


Serve with:

Fish
Chicken
Shrimp  


When traveling to Palm Island in the Windward Islands, a restaurant used this recipe. I asked the waiter if he could  me a copy. The waiter spoke me the recipe as I wrote it on a napkin. Of course there weren’t any amount of ingredients.  I’ve changed a few items.  I prefer red onions and I have added more cilantro.  Hope you enjoy this


No comments:

Post a Comment